Crematogaster is a beautfiul species with a mainly black body, when threatened they will raise there heart shaped gaster in defence. Although beautiful this species can be classed as invasive in euope, they proudce large colonys in record time with the queen constantly laying new eggs.
• Humidity requirements: 40-60%
• Temperature requirements: 21-28°C
• Hibernation: 1-2 months to replicate there natural life
• Suggested housing: Cork Nest, Acrylic, Ytong, Soil.
• Nutrition: Sugars from honey or sugar water. Protein from insects
• Colony size: ~3000
• Queen size: 7-9 mm
• Worker size: 3-4 mm
• Monogyne/polygyne: Monogyne (One Queens per colony)
We offer alive arrival guarantee on all our colony,s but this only covers the Queen, workers/brood is excluded.
To qualify for our alive arrival guarntee there are a few particulars which must be met.
You must be in for your first delivery attempt , should you miss the delivery then live arrival guarntee is voided.
You must make us aware whithin 12 hours of delivery
A clear picture of the dead queen in the test tube must be taken and sent again within 12 hours of delivery - this is to stop fraudulent claims.
Colonys are sent Monday to Thursday only, this prevents ants being left in the sorting office over a weekend.
Ants are sent recorded delivery 1st class only, with very sensitive species being sent Next day special delivery by 1pm. You shall be made aware of this