Formica Cineria are usually found in drier areas under stones, Most Formica spray formic acid when threatened and are very fast. They are quite similar to Formica Fusca but there almost a grey/black colour.
• Humidity requirements: 50-60%
• Temperature requirements: 20-25°C
• Hibernation: October-March at 10°C
• Suggested housing: Acrylic, Ytong, Soil, Very adaptable
• Nutrition: Sugars from honey or sugar water. Protein from insect sources
• Colony size: 1-10,000+
• Queen size: 12 mm
• Worker size: 4-8 mm
• Monogyne/polygyne: Polygyne (Can be multiple Queens per colony)
ALIVE ARRIVAL POLICY
We offer alive arrival guarantee on all our colony,s but this only covers the Queen, workers/brood is excluded.
To qualify for our alive arrival guarntee there are a few particulars which must be met.
You must be in for your first delivery attempt , should you miss the delivery then live arrival guarntee is voided.
You must make us aware whithin 12 hours of delivery
A clear picture of the dead queen in the test tube must be taken and sent again within 12 hours of delivery - this is to stop fraudulent claims.
Colonys are sent Monday to Thursday only, this prevents ants being left in the sorting office over a weekend.
Ants are sent recorded delivery 1st class only, with very sensitive species being sent Next day special delivery by 1pm. You shall be made aware of this